Vrachtschip "Pinjarra", 1960, reparatie.

Foto boven: Het vrachtschip s.s. "Pinjarra" van P&O, voor de dienst tussen Groot BrittaniŽ en AustraliŽ.

Terug naar Overzicht

Het vrachtschip werd in 1944 gebouwd als s.s. "Empire Paragon" voor het Britse Ministry of War Transport en werd in 1946 als s.s. "Pinjarra" verkocht aan P&O voor de dienst tussen Groot BrittaniŽ en AustraliŽ.

Omschrijving:
Het Britse vrachtschip s.s. "Pinjarra" van P&O was in 1960 bij de RDM voor reparatie.

Citaten:
www.flickr.com:
... ... ss Pinjarra.
Launched in February 1944 by Sir John Laing of Sunderland as the 'Empire Paragon' for the Ministry of War Transport. She was managed by Ellerman's Wilson Line but in July 1946, she was purchased by P&O and renamed 'Pinjarra' for use on the UK to Australia service. She was powered by triple steam turbines manufactured by Richardsons Westgarth giving 15 knots and was a cargo vessel 9,892 grt also capable of carrying 12 passengers. In June 1962, she was sold to Nassau owners and renamed 'Hong Kong Importer' but in 1969 was sold to Taiwanese breakers in Kaohsiung. In this postcard view
(Foto above), she seems to have had some sort of mishap and is hard aground across the Training Wall on the River Tees in January 1962. ... ...
- www.foweyharbour.co.uk:
... ... In 1962 the British India ship s.s. "Pinjarra" stranded on the north bank opposite Tees dock. It took 24 hrs of towing by 6 tugs including the "Ingleby Cross". ... ...

Artikelen:

Meer foto's:
- Foto 1: De vrachtschepen m.s. "Port Nelson" en s.s. "Pinjarra", in 1960 afgemeerd bij de RDM voor reparatie.

Bronnen:
- Internet.

Terug naar Overzicht